Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Precious Times

My babies are getting big so fast.  I'm not sure I can keep up! In a good way, of course.  I have found myself a lot less connected to media recently(which I'm not going to complain about), because I'm thoroughly enjoying all the time I'm getting to spend with them.  They love to laugh and giggle at each other and they have become best friends.  Athaiah is always trying to crawl all over Elijah and love on him(of which he isn't always fond of, and other times welcomes it with a tackle).  Athaiah is trying to repeat every sound you make.  She is a smiley, happy baby just like her brother.  She is crawling all over the place and is soo fast.  Something we are so not used to in this house!  She is busy constantly, and doesn't know how to sit still.  As daddy says, she must take after her mommy. She also has started pulling up on things and bear crawling-I think our little pumpkin may just be walking by the time she is 1 year old.  
Elijah repeats everything you say and is trying to say small sentences now.  We can finally understand most of what he says which is amazing and so much fun.  Now we can enjoy conversations with each other and talk about all kinds of different things.  He has recently discovered a love of tractors, he got one for his birthday, and has become so crazy about them, with some of his extra birthday money we had to run out and get some more.  He sings and dances around the house and is mommy's big helper still, and he loves it.  He will start crying if I tell him he can't help with something(usually because I'm using the stove or something hot).
If nothing these past couple weeks have really hit me hard as to how fast time really does go.  The dishes can wait, but spending time with your children really is priceless and is worth so much more.  With my knee bugging me, once I'm down I stay down for awhile which has really helped me live in the moment with my kiddos.  It makes the phone just ring because I can't get to it fast enough.  It makes the chores wait because well that is a lot of walking to sweep and mop! The extra needed time with the children is amazing and I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I love hearing the giggles as we get into tickle fights, and play cars on the floor.  I love the snuggle time when they both crawl into my lap and want me to read to them. Life could not be better! I'm writing this just to remind myself and those around me, to stop and slow down.  Life really can wait.  Spend time with those you love and I mean really spend time with them.  Put down the technology, you will find something so much greater. 
If I'm slow on posting I will apologize to you, but it just hasn't been too much of a priority lately.  I do have some good new recipes and crafts I would love to post about-hopefully sooner rather than later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment