Sunday, November 29, 2015

Week 1 DONE!

Baby and I have officially made it past 1 week in the hospital! YEAH!  Feels good to check that off the list!  We are now 32 weeks, which means we are pretty much in the clear for a lot of the major medical issues that could arise with baby coming early!  Feels good to know that pretty much anything with encounter from here on out, and easily be "fixed."  As in, most babies this early cannot suck, swallow, breathe together making eating hard, but they will put in a feeding tube so baby can eat, and they will swab baby's mouth with breast milk so it still gets all the wonderfully good antibodies my body has made for it! Then as baby masters this wonderful technique the feeding tube can come out!  Baby may need oxygen at this point, but again that is another pretty easy, and non-permanent fix!  It just feels so much more reassuring knowing that most things at this point can be treated and solved with little to no issue for baby or I!
(This sweet face! I am so in LOVE!)
Our hospital stay for the most part has been fairly uneventful-with the exception of Tuesday afternoon!  Tuesday I got out of bed to go to the bathroom, and found I couldn't walk!  That is how this pain thing seems to work-ZERO pain all day, and then suddenly BAM knocks me on my feet (almost literally that day!).  The nurses up here where amazing, they had me down to L&D in less than 5 minutes!  I was down in L&D for 10 hours that afternoon.  I have never been so happy to come back to my cozy room up here!!  They had me hooked up to all the monitors, did an ultrasound, and tried to keep me as comfortable as possible.  They came to the conclusion that my pain is probably just coming from my old scar tissue (along my old incision line), trying to stretch, and grow with the rest of my uterus and body. BUT since it is scar tissue it can't really stretch like the rest of me, meaning it is going to feel painful!  The best thing they likened it to is the following (Just to give you an illustrations as to what is might feel like!)  You fall when your little and scrape your knee-bad enough that you get a nice scab on the top of your knee.  Now that  you have this wonderful scab on your knee walking isn't so easy- it hurts when you bend  your leg, or feels tight when you stretch it out because you have that scab sitting on a place that used to be flexible and just move where ever you did.  Essentially what that means is I have a nice "scab" on my uterus, and as it is stretching it is pulling on it! Make a bit more sense?! I hope!

We have officially spent our first "couple" holidays in the hospital, and they weren't all that bad!   I say couple...We were here for Thanksgiving, which also happened to be my hubby's birthday this year! Poor guy!  He came up here for the day, and we spent it just chilling and hanging out. SOOO very different from every other year, where I am up early and in the kitchen all day-or at work all day to come home and get to work in the kitchen!  Very, very relaxing.  They served Turkey for lunch and it really was pretty good, especially considering it was hospital food! They gave me pumpkin pie (which is Greg's favorite!), he got to have that and call it his birthday dessert! THEN a wonderful friend of mine (who is ready to pop any day herself!) Brought us up a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving feast for dinner! Oh my goodness, it was AMAZING!  It was beyond sweet to have a home cooked meal, and homemade pie for dessert, Apple and Pumpkin.  Needless to say, I think we both were in heaven with this meal!  Greg got to spend the night Thursday and Friday since the weather was bad!  He is home now-that way he could keep an eye on the dog and not get stuck here if the weather got worse!  It was so nice to have 2 days to spend with just my hubby.  We may have been stuck in a hospital, but we got to talk without much interruption-he got to see the baby on the ultrasound, and we got to just hang out! It was amazing! We finished our first puzzle in like 5 years! Which really brought me back to our early marriage when it was just the two of us...we would spend almost every night working on puzzles together in the dining room after dinner! Always had a blast! I enjoyed getting to do that with him again. I will say I think I am totally out of puzzle practice though-puzzles these day consist of match the shape, or object, or alphabet, or letter, etc.  doing a "real" puzzle really stretched my brain power! LOL!

I honestly thought I would be more bored up here than I am!  Which is a huge answer to prayer! Anyone who knows me knows, I CANNOT sit still!  I, however, have been able to be still.  And in fact have come to like some of the quiet!  I have had more adult interaction in the past week, than I probably had in the past 5 years (since I don't have to stop and chase kids in the middle of conversations and such!).  I have gotten 4 knitting projects done, finished 2 books, made all my kids a mommy loves you bracelet (and the girls a necklace-per the princesses request!), finished a puzzle with my hubby, and had a couple naps! I even have gotten to have my quiet time in *gasp* the quiet! All in all a good week!  I miss my kids like crazy, but I'm sure that goes without saying!  I am able to skype them and have done that several times since being here.  They seem to be doing quite well, and are having a good time with all the family they are getting to see! Their Mimi even lets them color with markers *gasp*! (<---Mommy usually saves those for special occasions, making this a very big deal for them!)

Thank you to everyone who has made my stay here great!  I have had many wonderful friends visit, bearing wonderful gifts, and food, and goodies!  I cannot say thank you enough.  It has meant more than you will ever know, and makes me feel so very loved!  Also, to the people who have helped watch our pet babies so Greg could come up here, you are also amazing, and we wouldn't know what to do without you!  I know a lot of you have also donated to our gofundme account that my friend set up for us, and I cannot thank you enough for that as well, since I will be out of work for at least 12 weeks, and we were really only planning on 6, every little bit helps!  All of the love you have shown us, in so many different ways has truly touched our lives! To our family, who stepped up and took in our kids for such a long period of time, so we wouldn't have to worry about who was going to watch them when!  I know they are happy and feeling loved as well, and as their momma this makes me feel at ease, and able to rest!  Thank you for everyone who has prayed for us!  We need that the most! Just keep praying the kiddos will behave, this little one will stay put, and I will continue to stay "busy!" And Greg will continue to maintain the home front!(which is sounds like he is doing quite marvelously!)  We love you all, and I thank God for you all daily!


No comments:

Post a Comment