Monday, October 1, 2012

Fresh Start!

Here's to a fresh start! In our yard that is.  Our front lawn(and back) have been a complete disaster.  It is going to take a bit to really make everything look beautiful, but we plug away at it little by little!

This weekend(ok Saturday) I worked my hinny off in the front yard.  Greg mowed to get all the grass really short.  Then I went outside and got to work while he went off to play! I raked the yard, oh my goodness was that hard.  There was so much junk in the yard(mainly acorn shells) all over the place I think it took me like an hour to do.  This was the hard part, I went through the whole yard with my little shovel and dug up all the dandelions-and yes there were a million of them.  Then I raked it again, with the hard rake to loosen up all the soil.  Next came the compost...we don't have a wheel barrel so lets just say a bucket and shovel were my best friend and it took FOREVER!  But I got it all spread out. Later that evening I put out all the grass seed and gently raked over it all and watered it to set it all in good. Here's to hoping it actually comes up, because that was a lot of hard work!
I went through all the flower beds, dug up all the weeds, cut back all the dying plants, and then planted new! YEAH!  Greg bought me some mums and tulip and daffodil bulbs.  We went to work on getting all those planted.
Now I can have a year round garden! Hooray for a beautiful yard all year.
Elijah had a lot of fun helping mommy in the garden!
I love to garden! Confession: I love to garden barefoot! I love to feel the mud and dirt on my feet-I know I'm weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment