Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Looking up!

Things are really start to look up around here.

1. I'm over the stomach flu
    *What I learned-mommy's have to be tough cookies, that is rough stuff when taking care of 2 little ones with another on the way, so thankful to my hubby for taking such good care of us all

2. Athaiah is sleeping better.  Still isn't amazing, she is up about every 2 hours, but for the past 1 and 1/2 months it has been every 5-10 min, so 2 hours is a good solid chunk of sleep for me!

3. Elijah is listening a bit better to me, he always listens to daddy which is good.  He continues to grow and learn several new words a day.  I just can't believe how quickly they grow up.  Where did my little baby go?  He is turning into my little boy!

God always works everything out according to his plans.  He has shown me mercy and grace when I need it most.  He has caused me to see character flaws in myself while feeling tired and drained.  I need to have a spirit of THANKFULNESS at all times.  HE has blessed me beyond measure and I owe him everything. 

My spirit of anger was doing great(almost gone, but are they ever really gone?), until I got exhausted.  I would find myself yelling at the kids for nothing.  I had to go back to square one and get things right.  I had to be humble and ask my children for forgiveness.  Yes, this is a very humbling experience even if they don't know quite what it means at this point. I'm so thankful that through all this learning and stretching, I have had the most wonderful and patient husband a girl could ask for.  He has been by my side and has prayed with me daily to help me overcome the many obstacles in life.  We have seen so many of these prays answered and I know it is because he has rallied behind me and has brought everything before God.

Thank you God for such a wonderful family.  I can't believe you have chosen to bless us with another one.  There are days I'm still in shock. But I am ever so grateful because children are such a huge blessing and even when my patience is tested I wouldn't trade them for the world.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment