Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bib-How NOT to!

So I thought that it would be a great idea to take the extra vinyl and the extra fabric that I had from redoing the highchair, and make a bib out of it.  Well it was a good idea in theory but let's just say never again.  It may have been because I have no brain currently (since I am currently pregnant again, with a nursing 7month old), but it was definitely an epic fail.

So I took one of Elijah's bibs, and traced it out on the fabric making the neck hole slightly bigger since his are getting a bit tight around the neck area.  I also made it longer than usual so that I could make one of those bibs with the fun pockets on the bottom.  I also cut vinyl out in the same way.  I had some leftover Velcro so I decided instead of buying snaps to put on it I would just use that since I had it sitting around the house.  So I was so proud a bib for free! hahaha funny stuff.  Not a good idea to use iron on Velcro on vinyl it starting smoking and obviously burnt through the vinyl.  So now the Velcro does not stick quite well, but it is fairly functional.  But anyway that is not how you make a bib. 

I also must add that the vinyl did not work quite well because we bought the cheapest one, and it worked great for doing it one sided on the high chair not great at all on the bib, lets just stay that it sticks like saran wrap to itself and nothing else!  So that was also a nightmare. 

Soo needless to say I do not plan on making this again since it was a total fail, but I thought I would let you know what not to do when making a bib! Hope that helps if you are ever going to make your own bib don't melt the vinyl and don't use the cheap vinyl as it will be a pain in the rear to try and work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment