Monday, November 7, 2011

Drain Declogger

OK so I have spent a ton of money trying to get my shower drain to stay clear and drain properly.  I have tried everything from the most expensive to the least and non of them seemed to work longer than 2 days.  I would even plunge after I had rinsed everything hoping that might help it longer, but it was all a waste of time and money.  I also was not allowed to use them myself because I was/am pregnant so I had to wait until my wonderful husband got home so he could do it which seemed really unfair.

Once again homemade comes to the rescue!  Pour 1 cup baking soda down the drain, follow with 2 cups of vinegar.  Some where that I read said it works better if you heat the vinegar slightly.  I did just for kicks and giggles.  It gets all foamy and cool when you poor it on the baking soda.  Then you wait at least an hour and follow with about a gallon of warm-hot water.
                                                                                   


Let me tell you what, I did this a month ago and my shower still has yet to back up or for a puddle to form in the tub while showering.  Amazing and super cheap, and I can do it myself because there are no harsh chemicals in it.  Couldn't ask for anything better!

No comments:

Post a Comment