Monday, November 7, 2011

Kitchen Redo-Part 2

So I have stained all the bottom drawers and put the new hardware on.  Here is what it looks like now! (I still have to do all the cabinet doors)

I repainted the back wall in this picture light grey and then the overhang, is now a silver/grey color slightly darker than the wall.  The rest of the walls are going to be white, but there is some more mudding that needs to be done on them before I can prime and paint those.  I just was anxious to see what the walls would start to look like so I painted the walls that I could!  I am really liking how everything s coming together.  I can't wait to get the flooring down. 

It will probably be awhile before we can put the new trim in, as we will probably put in a new back door at the same time, since it is in really rough shape.  But I am ok with the trim being off as long as it needs to be as long as I can still have a functioning kitchen. And last time I checked the trim does not affect how a kitchen is used, so we should be fine!!

I still have the cabinets in the back of the kitchen to do, so they match the front but I am not in as much of a hurry to get those done, since you can't see them right when you walk in. We shall see what I can get done this coming week and weekend.  Maybe I can get the walls finished and painted and those cabinet doors done finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment