Friday, September 14, 2012

Big Kids!

I do have one more vacation post, but I had to post on this today...more vacation tomorrow. 

Elijah and Athaiah just grow leaps and bounds everyday.  It never ceases to amaze me how fast things can change around here.

Elijah is WALKING, yep you read that right walking! He doesn't do it all the time, but he will just stand up and take off on his own.  This is so exciting for me, as his mommy, to finally see him gain the confidence to let go and take off.  It is so exciting to watch him toddle over to me all proud that he did it by himself.  And when he doesn't feel like going it alone, he always motions for me to take his hand and we get to walk around the house together.  I love that he wants me to help him, but yet is big enough to start branching out on his own. He has yet to have a fall and usually just stops, catches himself, and keeps going. What a strong young man he is starting to become.  What an answer to prayer that he is finally confident enough to step out on his own.  I love his cautious yet free spirit!


He is also teething at the moment.  He has 4 teeth left to come in and every other time he has been teething they all come in at the same time. We shall see how many teeth appear this time!  I must say he is the best teether ever, he doesn't ever whine or complain he just sleeps a bit more than usual.

Elijah is also recently mommy's big helper.  Now that he can get around a bit better, he loves to help me around the house.  If I tell him something needs to go into the garbage he proudly goes and puts it there.  If something needs to be put in the sink, he's the man.  If I need help wiping the table off, he loves anything that has to do with water-so sign him up!  I love that he is learning be a responsible part of the family at such a young age.
Athaiah, our pretty little lady!  She has grown so much recently not just in size but in everything she does.  She has found her feet, and we all know feet are a lot of fun once they are discovered.  She chomps on everything all the time, not sure if it is teeth or not as we have yet to see anything.  She is almost sitting by herself! What a strong girl she is, and she loves to stand(obviously with help).  She is also rolling over almost every time we put her down on the floor.  She will also scoot herself in a circle.  I'm afraid she will be moving well before her brother ever did, so we may have our hands full here shortly!!
We have just started putting her in the exersaucer for fun, and she loves it.  She will walk around the bottom to spin herself around so she can play with all the toys, and she really does play with all the toys.  She loves it, she just smiles and giggles the whole time.  Another bonus, Elijah loves to walk over to her and play with her and she just thinks he hung the moon, so the two of them together have a blast.  I can't wait for them to be able to chase each other around the house, I know they will have a lot of fun together.


No comments:

Post a Comment