Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Homemade Soap

So I decided to make some semi-homemade soap just to see if I liked it and I really didn't like the idea of making soap with lye quite yet.

1 bar ivory soap grated
2 TBSP glycerin
8 c of water
essential oil of your choice

Grate the ivory soap.  Add to a saucepan and mix in some water, heat until the soap is melted.  Add the rest of the water and the glycerin.  Stir really well.  Add essential oil if you would like it to smell nice as the ivory soap does have a strong sent.  I scented half of it with peppermint and the other half vanilla pear and they both are amazing.  Put in a sealed container that can get wet.  Put a small amount on a bath puff and enjoy.  I really enjoy the peppermint first thing in the morning as it helps you to awaken all of your senses in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment