Monday, October 31, 2011

Kitchen Redo- Before

So I have absolutely hated my kitchen since we bought our house.  It is long and skinny aka a galley kitchen.  But everything set up in it is very funny, almost like it used to look a lot different but Greg and I cannot figure out what they did and why.  Any way, when we moved in we decided to just paint it and ignore it because it would need a lot of work to make it look better.  So desperate because I didn't like how it looked and that is where I spend a lot of my time, I kept looking for ways to redo a kitchen for cheap, how to refinish cabinets and so on.  Well we finally figured out what to do as we were browsing through Home Depot one day.  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!  We found some really cheap flooring, and ours before was awful.  Then we found some pale blue tinted stain for the cabinets, so we decided to strip them down to the bare wood and start all over again.  I then had leftover pale gray paint and some white paint left so we the walls would be that color.  I was good with those changes, but then Greg suggested that we rip out the old trim and put in new(we have ripped out the old, but it will take awhile before we have money for the new).  Let me just say again, I'm so excited about all these changes I think it is going to make our kitchen look so much brighter since it looked like a dark hole before.  So here are some before pictures so you know what I am working with and when I say everything was dark you will see what I mean.


These are the dark cabinets that are everywhere, just not my favorite color and original to the house as they are all funny sizes.  So we just made do with them by refinishing them.  Plus one gallon of stain is much cheaper than all new cabinets.

No comments:

Post a Comment