Monday, October 31, 2011

Kitchen Redo-Part 1

So the first thing I decide to tackle was all the cabinet bases, so we have everything in boxes around the kitchen and all over the dining room table.  Messy which drives me nutty, but gives me motivation to try and get it done asap!  So here is a picture of the base sanded down.  I didn't know it had such good looking wood underneath all the ugliness. It was quite a bit of work even though I used an electric sander, but it tore through the sandpaper as there was a lot of uneven parts in the wood and some nicks that I sanded out.  I also sanded them so they are a bit rough and more natural feeling.  I like it feeling like real wood and not so smooth like most cabinets are.  So I used 80 grit sandpaper and did not go over it with a finer sandpaper as my wise husband told me a professional would do.  I told him I didn't want it to look that way, he doesn't seem to convinced yet.  We'll see if I can win him over in the end. Watch for some stain pictures coming soon as that is what I have been working on this past weekend.  Hopefully the front cabinets will be done by this coming weekend so then we can work on the other cabinets next weekend or get the walls painted so they match a little better! I'm having so much fun with this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment