Monday, December 12, 2011

Containers

I love the way that the frosted containers looked, when they have the names etched on them such as flour, sugar, and so on.  But I am way too cheap to spend the money on them.  So I bought a 4 piece set of containers on sale for $12, much better than the normal $25 or higher.  I then also got a can of frosted glass spray paint-this was also on sale for $3, and I'm sure I will find some other uses for this great new friend! Got out some of my scrapbook stickers and got to work. 

First I put the letters onto the container to spell what I wanted to label them as. 

Second I taped off a box around the letters and then put newspaper all around it so that it would not spray the rest of the jar.

Third, I sprayed the jar with the frosted glass spray paint.

Forth, when the paint was still a bit tacky I removed the letters and allowed it to finish drying.

Fifth, I enjoyed my new project.  Just what I wanted at a much lower cost.


I only labeled two of the jars, one flour and the other sugar.  As I am not quite sure what I want to put in the other two, but am content with them having no labels.  I just wanted some nice containers to put on my kitchen counter once my kitchen is finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment