Friday, December 2, 2011

Wake up call!

It has been a bit of a rough week in this house.  The hubby is sick and no offense to him, but when he is sick he snores so loud making it difficult for me to fall asleep.  Because of this small problem I have gone to bed no sooner than 1am TWICE this week.  Not too good for a pregnant mommy, who needs some extra sleep.

Since I was already lacking in the sleep department the little man has decided that he is not going to sleep well either.  So the other night he was up from 11:30-1:30am! YIKES.  Talk about a tired mommy, he then decided it was a good idea to be up for the day at 6:30 and that no naps were needed for the day.  This made for a very, very tired mommy.

I am still not quite sure what went wrong or why he was so upset because he cried off and on for the whole 2 hours even while holding him.  We gave him some Tylenol, since daddy is sick, and on top of that it looks like he may be getting another tooth in any day.  Then we gave him a few ounces of milk to see if maybe he was just a little extra hungry. No luck with either of those.  Finally exhausted beyond belief, I took him back upstairs to his room and rocked and rocked and rocked.  He fell asleep while we were rocking... and I almost did.  He laid down so nice in his bed, and mommy slept on the couch just in case he were to get up again, and also to get some good sleep with no snoring.

As much as it was awful at the moment, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I got some great quality time in the middle of the night with a wonderful little snuggle bug.  I just don't hope it returns anytime soon. I mean really who can resist that cute face even if it is in the middle of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment