Monday, June 4, 2012

A Gift!

Children are a GIFT! I know this may go against the cultural norm, but that doesn't bother me one bit.  People may look at me strange when I tell them what we believe and that is fine with me.  I know that every child is a gift and I will take as many as the Lord deems we should have.  People ask if that means I am going to be like that huge family on tv...my reply: If God sees it fit to bless us with that many children.  The Bible tells us they are a gift.  It tells us they are the arrows in our quivers. I love the two children that I have and if God says that is it then so be it.  I will admit I would be a bit sad but maybe we would look into adoption at that point as the Bible also commands us to care for the orphans and the fatherless.

My current children are 16months and 8wks old.  I know they are close and no we did not plan it that way.  We said Lord give us another in your great and perfect timing and he did.  When Elijah was 6 months old we found out we were pregnant again.  Hence her name Athaiah-it means in the Lord's timing because that is exactly when she came!  I can tell you I got a lot of slack for getting pregnant so quickly and for "not knowing what causes that."  I can assure you I am no dummy I am well aware of what causes that.  I also know that the Lord knows all the plans for my life and I am going to trust HIM and HIM alone with what those plans may be.  When we try to plan our lives they fall apart, they bear no fruit, and it stresses us out(at least that has been my experience). So when people ask when I will have the next one or tease me if I'm pregnant again, I just smile and say who knows! Because I don't know, Greg doesn't know, the Dr. doesn't know, only the Creator of the Universe knows and I will trust Him.  We are learning to lean on Him in every aspect of our lives and it can definitely be a struggle at times but we are learning.

I am by no means an expert at parenting and I do not pretend to be.  I am young and am constantly learning.  Each child is unique and different.  On here I will post my experience as we go through the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I believe it is good for people to see us just as we are, not as fakes or as people who don't struggle because we all struggle and go through rough spots.  We all wrestle with ideas and problems.  I just look forward to enjoying the ride God has blessed us with-even the bad and the ugly!

No comments:

Post a Comment