Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Bathroom storage shelf

We had a lot of wood left from tearing down walls in the basement, a lot of them still really good pieces and not sure why they were glued up behind the wall being the size that they are-but this house has always kept us guessing.

I took all this wood...
Used this picture as an inspiration...(off of pinterest of course)
And got to work... I measured everything so it would be the size that I wanted it.

I let my husband cut out all the wood-since me and power tools do not always mix! I can be a bit clumsy. (Thank you wonderful husband, for all the help crafting!)

 Screwed them all together...

I then used a really thin coat of white paint and didn't worry if some parts were not covered as I really wanted a shabby chic look!
I really enjoyed making these and can't wait to find some more good treasures at this store-I'm looking for an old window now to hang up in the bathroom! Best news about this it was "free" I already had the wood, screws, and paint! Can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment