Thursday, July 25, 2013

Play dough

Play dough was on sale the other day at Target, Elijah had been good so we decided to buy some.  We had yet to really play with play dough yet.  I have to admit I was probably more excited than he was at this point in time.  The next day we decided to pull out the play dough.  I gave them each a place mat, play dough, and some cut outs.
Athaiah played for about 15 minutes.  Amazing in my mind since she doesn't normally sit still for more than 2 minutes at time, and she didn't even try to eat it.
Elijah loved the play dough and he has since asked and played with it several other times. Mommy score! But I mean what kid doesn't like play dough!  I had a lot of fun enjoying him. He made circles, squares, numbers, balls, and a lot of different animals.  He cut with the scissors and rolled it out with the mini rolling pin.  Probably some of the best 5 dollars ever spent.  It has been worth the several hours of entertainment we have gotten out of it so far, and the many more to come!
When my children beg to do something creative I am all about it.  We love to play with play dough(now!), color, imagine, and build with blocks. I love to see what they can come up with and what they can do with their imagination. Children can see all kinds of things that we as adults cannot see, or forget to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment