Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Toothbrush holder

Another frugal treasure that I love!  A toothbrush/hand towel holder! For the down stairs bathroom...
 
I had a piece of wood so we cut it in two.  A long piece for the back and a short piece for the shelf.  I couldn't tell you dimensions because I just marked where I wanted it cut based on how big I wanted it to look, sorry.  Just make some up, sometimes it works best that way.

I screwed the two pieces of wood together.
I added a bracket to the back so we can hang it on the wall. 

Painted the whole thing a thin coat of white.  I then added a door knob, just like the ones on my towel rack underneath the small shelf.  This will be to hang our hand towel on!

The small shelf is for our toothbrush holder.  I found a cool looking wine type glass for $1 at a garage sale and knew I wanted it to be my toothbrush holder, so I hot glue gunned it to the top of the shelf and it has held up marvelously.  As far as it hasn't fallen off yet!

The total cost of this project was $1.50.  It was 50cents for the knob and $1 for the glass, I had the wood, paint, and bracket!

No comments:

Post a Comment