Monday, July 22, 2013

Jam Time!

It is that time of year! Time to make jam! I grew up on homemade jam and there is nothing store bought that can even compare, so needless to say this is something I have to make every year! I look forward to making this every year since it brings back many, many memories.  Memories of going and picking the berries, to memories of us all crammed in the kitchen making jam together and having our specific jobs.  I always enjoyed the day with the family and all the fun we had while making jam!

I can't wait until the kiddos can be a bit more helpful with this process, although we did have fun involving them!

I will make sure to include some recipes here soon! I will also make sure I link them all up to this page for a quick reference later on.

I didn't get too many pictures of the kiddos helping since it was just me at home.  Elijah helped with the dishes, the stirring, the watching, the measuring, and the counting! What a big helper he is, don't know what I would do without him!

Avery sat all cuddled up in the Moby wrap sleeping away.  She was clingy today and didn't want to lay down for a nap. We decided she could "help" too! I love my Moby wrap!

Athaiah I held in my arms and let her watch what we were doing. She helped stir at one point in time, but she was mainly just curious and wanted to see what we were doing in the kitchen.

This year I found a wonderful new product, it is called instant pectin. Wow! Can't beat that.  It helped us make each batch in about 30minutes.  Now this would take even less time if you had big people helping, and if you were not tripping over little children.  Although, I wouldn't trade my little ones for the world and I very much enjoyed the time that we got to spend together making memories of our own!

Peach/Peach Spice Jam
Raspberry Peach Jam
Strawberry Jam

No comments:

Post a Comment