Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dress up-Wand

This is an old blind rod believe it or not.  It broke off one of our blinds and I have been looking for something to do with it.  I thought it fit in perfectly with the dress up theme I was doing for my step-sister.
I took the old rod, my hot glue gun, and all the pink ribbon I had in the house and set to work.

I cut off a part of the bottom of the rod because it was a little too long.  I then started at the bottom edge of the rod, and started adding hot glue to the ribbon and wrapped it all the way around the rod.  Remember to just add a small amount of hot glue at a time since it dries quickly.  When the rod was covered with the ribbon.  I made a big bow out of the same color pink ribbon.  I then hot glued that to the top of the "wand", there was a small flat part at the top which made it ideal for adding the bow to that spot.  I then cut multiple different lengths of ribbon in the other two colors that I had and attached them, so it had some flowy(sp?) ribbons coming down making it pretty.  I think it turned out really good and it took almost no time at all.  I'm quite proud of this one!

I found an extra small hot pink flower that I decided to add the middle of the bow last minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment