Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Heated Rice Bag

During pregnancy I'm convinced that rice bags are a women's best friend.  After I had Elijah, my dog ate mine, so now that my back is starting to hurt.  I decided I would make my own.  After all it couldn't be that hard.  And it wasn't, it was quick, easy, and practically free!
Rice (NOT instant, Use long grain rice of any kind white or brown)
Fabric (fleece or 100% cotton work best so it doesn't catch fire in the microwave)





 
I cut a piece of one of my scrap fabrics out.  It measured 12X18". 

Fold the fabric together with right sides facing each other.  It should measure 6X18" now!  Sew with a 1/4" seam. 

Leave about a 2 in hole on one of the sides, so you can add the rice to the bag.  Turn the bag right side out.

Add the rice, and then tuck in the ends of the fabric and sew up the last part. Make sure when you add the rice that you don't over fill it our it will not mold around your shoulders right.  But put enough in it to maintain the shape.  You can really do any shape or size you want, but I like it for my lower back so I made mine long and skinny!


I decided last minute to do a zig-zag stitch along the top and bottom of it, in hot pink just for fun!

Ahhh, relief at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment