Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tie/Bow Tie Onsie

I wanted to make Eli one of those adorable tie onesies, and then I couldn't resist making a bow tie one out of some left over red felt that I had. 
First, I cut a tie shape out of newspaper for a pattern to follow, I then made it bigger so it could account for seam allowance.  Below are the two patterns I used.  For the Bow tie, I just cut it right out of the felt and it turned out ok.
 I then laid it out on the onesie, and pinned it in place so it didn't move as I was sewing it and get all bunched up.
 I then sewed it using a zig-zag pattern just to give it some extra flair.  I ended up using the fabric below for the final project, sorry for the switch halfway through. 
 And you are done, they are all set to wear and look adorable in.  I really like the way they turned out, we used his bow tie shirt for his Christmas pictures. 
Note:  Just be careful when sewing that you don't catch any of the bottom part of the onesie in the sewing machine or they will be sewn together and then baby won't fit in it.
Simple, cute, cheap...Just the way I like crafts to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment