Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day!

We had an amazing family day for Father's Day!
It all began by getting up super early(oh wait, that was only me because I can't sleep!).  Well, since I was up early I made the family strawberry muffins(Greg's mom's recipe, which he loves).  I also got the house picked up-but that is just a bonus from my end of things!

Then we all got ready to go to the zoo!  There is a Father's Day car show every year at the Salina zoo.  Greg had to help judge the car show-but it is a bonus because then we get to see a lot of fun old cars and animals. (A little boys dream!)  It was so much fun to spend the day as a family-looking at cars with daddy and then looking at all the animals.  Elijah thought it was so much fun to see all the animals-he especially loved the Rhinos!

Home we went, and it was family nap time since the sun had gotten to us.  The kids got no sunburn! Yeah for remembering to put sunscreen on them.  My back got burnt and Greg's thinning-bald spot is quite red(he forgot his hat).

Dinner was steak, crescent rolls, and watermelon! Just what Daddy said he wanted.

The only unfortunate thing-Daddy wanted his 3rd baby born on Father's day.  No such luck, even with all the walking all day.  All it did was make my hips even more sore than they already were!

We had an amazing day.  I love when we can spend the day as a family and have fun together.  It may even be our last weekend as a family of four-so it was absolutely perfect!

I hope everyone else had an amazing Father's day, celebrating all the fathers in your life.  Especially our heavenly Father who gave everything just so we could be with him forever.  What a wonderful love He has for us.  There is truly nothing better!

No comments:

Post a Comment