Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Peach and Steak Kabobs

This was not a totally original idea that just came to me.  I came across a recipe in a taste of homes magazine that I just got.  I love those magazines...problem is when the time comes to make the actual recipe I have a hard time pulling out the book and going by what it says.  All I noticed in the magazine was the picture and that it looked delicious.  I decided to get to work and make some for the family sometime soon.  Well that sometime soon came on Sunday June 2nd! Sorry no picture :(  I wish I had one as they look just as good as they taste.  I told my husband this is my new favorite summer time meal, as it tasted so fresh and was beyond yummy! He agreed(I love when he agrees-which is pretty much always does, but it's just nice to hear) Any way enough of me going on and I will get you the most amazing recipe EVER, ok maybe not ever but close enough!

Ingredients:
Sirloin Steak(cubed)
Peaches(canned in light syrup)-fresh would work better but I wanted the juice!
1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp garlic powder
2 TBSP peach jelly

Cube up your Sirloin(I had 1 lb) and place in a bowl. Open your can of peaches and pour a very small amount of the peach juice on your sirloin(see why I used canned instead of fresh, of course olive oil would work, but I wanted to be different), for this I used maybe 1-2 TBSP it wasn't much just something so the seasoning would stick a better.  Add your ginger, cinn, and garlic powder to the steak and juice, mix it up well(I just used my hands, raw meat doesn't scare me). Now for the fun part...Since I used canned peaches they are juicy because of this I cut them in half because a whole peach slice kept falling off due to the weight and moisture.  IF you use fresh peaches one slice should work just fine since they are more firm.  On your kabob stick layer peach, steak, peach, steak...until you have what will fit on the kabob or how full you want it to be, ours had 3-4 of each per stick! Place them on the grill!  They cook about 5 min per side, so nothing too long! You don't want to burn the steak or the peaches, just cook them!  When they come off the grill spread peach jelly on top! Oh my goodness, heavenly, sweet, just amazing! 
The kids really enjoyed this recipe and ate all the steak and peaches.  The steak is sweet, but not too sweet, a very different flavor for me, but it was so very good.  I'm sure we will be making these a lot this summer since they are so amazing.  Maybe next time I can get a picture up on here so you can see them in all their awesomeness!  I am going to go back to the original recipe sometime here soon and see how close they are to each other.  I'm pretty sure the recipe didn't have cinnamon in it and it said to use some type of peach salsa as well-but again not positive as I briefly glanced it over, thought it looked good, and made my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment