Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Preparing for baby-38 weeks!

It seems there is always stuff to do when there is baby on the way.  Am I the only one that feels this way?  I think God must have known, because nesting is kicking in around here big time.  Why else would we feel the need to get everything just right-because God knows there won't be much time or energy right after you have the baby to get the extra little things done!

I am almost 38weeks(2 weeks to go!).  I can't believe how fast time has gone.  I have a wonderful doctor who isn't going to let me go past 41 weeks, so tops I have 3 weeks left...3 short weeks until we get to meet our wonderful new addition.  We get to find out if we are blessed with a little boy or a little girl and then we get to find out all about them(of course not all at once, as it is a continual process since they are ever changing)!

As far as everything pregnancy related goes, it is all going smooth and looking well.  I have gained more weight with this pregnancy then in my previous two, but the Dr says everything looks good!  I also have had some swelling around this time-so I'm going to blame the few extra lbs on water, sounds like a plan right?? Nothing major but with my first 2 I had pretty much zero swelling, so some swelling feels like a lot to me! Actually on a fun note-this past week I actually LOST 3 lbs!  Makes me happy, as I have been busy beyond belief this past week so it does make sense!

Nesting is beyond belief!  I can't move as fast as I would like and I honestly find that the most frustrating thing about the whole process...I have so much I feel needs to get done-but I just can't move fast enough to get it all done in a day...well that and I do have 2 small children that need pretty much constant attention while awake because they are in to everything and exploring everything! I wouldn't trade those 2 for the world though, they make my days so much better, they are a constant source of joy and a reminder to stop and smell the flowers! 

My nesting has included all kinds of things-organizing the storage room, cleaning up the yard and everything else outside, making a few meals to store in the freezer for later, and cleaning daily.  I even deep cleaned the other day and every wall and baseboard in the house got scrubbed-just because! I washed all the windows inside and out, and even cleaned the washing machine!  I still have a lot I would like to get done before the baby gets here and I'm so thankful that I have had the energy to get a lot of stuff done-and so grateful for the days when I can just relax and take a nap.  After all, I have a feeling with 3 children 2 and under, naps for me will be few and far between so I try to sneak in as many as possible while I can now!

No comments:

Post a Comment