Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cobbler

This is one of the best cobbler recipes, and no it's not because I'm biased it just really is amazing.  I'm picky about my food, I don't like it to taste too much like a bread or a biscuit because then that just ruins it for me. My camera has been out of commission so I apologize for the lack of pictures lately.

8 TBSP butter
1.5 c self rising flour
1 c sugar
1.5 c milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond flavoring
4 c fruit of your choice(I have used blueberry, peach, and pear-all amazing)
1/2 c water
1/4 c sugar

In a sauce pan combine the water, sugar, and fruit stir well until it comes to a boil.

In a 9x13 pan place the butter in the pan and put in the oven to melt. Bake at 350!  While that is melting combine the flour, sugar, milk, vanilla, and almond in a bowl, mix well so there are no chunks in it!  Once the butter is melted, take pan out of over, pour mix over top of butter.  Then scoop berries(fruit) over top of batter, then slowly pour sauce over top of berries.  I would place a pan below this in the over just in case it overflows-all of mine did just a tad!  Bake for 30 minutes.

Oh my goodness is this heavenly!  It is moist and yummy, I will try and get a picture up here the next time I make it when I have my camera back.

No comments:

Post a Comment