Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Exercise Check In

Accomplishments:
It has been about 3 weeks since I started going on my almost daily walks! I can't believe I have made it that long. I have never been able to stick to something that long in my whole life! So that right there is a huge accomplishment! I feel so much better about myself which is what it is really all about.

I have made my 2 mile walk/jog about 1/3 jogging and 2/3 walking which is a huge improvement for me.  My toes hurt and my ankles hurt, which means I really should look into getting some better shoes, but for now they work. 

I have cut my time from 45 minutes to 30 minutes, just because I can jog a bit more. I think next week I am going to try and add another mile to it and see how long it takes me to walk/jog 3 miles. Just for something fun since it will mark 4 weeks of this, I think I need something a bit different.

I am down to about 3/4 of a cup of coffee a day, and the amount of creamer that I now put in it is about half of what I used to. 

In the past 3 weeks I have lost 10 lbs, and about 5" total all over. That makes me one very happy mommy.  I still have quite a bit to lose, but hey I'm getting somewhere and it has only been 3 weeks!

My goals for the next month:

Start walking between 3 and 4 miles!
Jog about half and walk about half!
Sign up for a 5-10k sometime this fall!
Keep at it!
Starting toning everywhere!

Maybe next week I will post an updated photo since it will mark a month of walking. We shall see.  I know I have a lot more energy than I used to, and I don't feel like I need a nap every day-which is a wonderful feeling.  This is seriously one of the best things I can do for myself and I'm loving every minute of it.  I like the quiet of the walk, as Elijah takes everything in, and Athaiah usually naps.  I like just being outside(before it gets too hot), and I love the fresh air! I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment