Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Snacks Continued

Here are some of the other snacks that we made on Monday:

Peanut Butter Chocolate Bananas:
2 bananas sliced (I got about 15 slices per banana-they were huge bananas)
1/4 c peanut butter
1/2 c choc chips
 Melt the peanut butter and chocolate chips together.  Either in  microwave or on the stove top.  I did mine on the stove-I like to be difficult! Place a piece of wax paper on a cookie sheet and then arrange the banana slices.  Now I did this the cheap way, if you want them to look really nice then roll them in the chocolate so they are all coated in the choc. and peanut butter.  I didn't really care what they looked like because just my family was eating them, so I just took a spoonful of the mixture and placed it on top of the banana, I let it kind of fall down over the top of the slice so most of the sides of the banana slice were covered as well.  Then stick in the freezer at least until set (about 1 hr).  Theses are so rich I can only eat 1 at a time, but they are sooo yummy!  I then moved them to a freezer bag-they didn't hardly make it to the next day, my husband and son devoured them while I was at work.

Fruit Snacks:
1/3 c water
1 package sugar free jell (.44oz)
1 packages gelatin not flavored (.25 oz ea)

In a sauce pan heat the water, and stir in all the gelatin until it is dissolved.  Then pour into a container of your choice to harden.  Let set for about 30min and the enjoy.  Just to give you an idea, I put mine in regular sized ice cube trays.  Once they were set I took them out and sliced them into smaller pieces. (It made about 12 ice cubes worth, only filled 1/2 full) Out of each "ice cube" I got 8 pieces.  It makes quite a bit.  They are super yummy even sugar free.
*I have seen a lot of these lately and some use juice of fruit puree or really whatever you want to use, so go ahead and be creative.  I did and they turned out just fine.  In order to get them "tough" like a fruit snack just make sure you use a little extra gelatin and less water and they should come out fine.  Let me know if you make any fun versions of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment