Saturday, August 11, 2012

Garden

I haven't written about my wonderful garden in quite awhile so I guess it is high time I do so!

My carrots are still coming along wonderfully.  I picked some last week and they are still quite small, but definitely still growing.  I think I will leave them in the ground for another 2 weeks and see where they are after that.
 My tomato plants, still keep bearing fruit on a regular basis.  I have now made 2 different types of salsa.  I need to get that second recipe on here.  In case you missed the first one click here! I have also made a small batch of pasta sauce that I made some spaghetti with and then I made a tomato sauce that I put in my shepherd's pie.  That recipe will be coming soon so keep your eye out for that one!

My broccoli continues to grow.  I have 5 heads coming in off my biggest plant that I have already harvested once, and my other 3 plants are looking like they are going to start blooming any day here! So excited, broccoli is my favorite veggie!
 I thought the heat had done the cucumber plants in, but when I went outside yesterday to start cleaning some stuff up in the garden it has come back to life!! It has a lot of flowers on it, so hopefully we will be getting some more cucumbers here soon!

Then pepper plants have done fantastic since adding the Epsom salt to the soil. It is amazing what that did for them! They have like 5-6 peppers on each plant.  I also had one plant that looked dead and it has perked right up.  It has yet to yield any crops but it looks a ton better than it was, which is great in my book!

Well there is the wonderful update on how things are growing around here! It truly is the gift that just keep giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment