Friday, April 5, 2013

Family Sign..

I have seen signs all over Pinterest that say the family name and the year they were established.  I love these signs and have wanted one of my own.  I have had it in the back of my head for some time to get one or to at least have one that said family. 

Finally I got to fulfill that dream!  May seem small to you, but I have this huge blank wall in my basement that desperately needed something.  This is the big wall that you see right when you walk down the stairs so it needed to be quite big.  I finally found a plank of old wood that would work.  I found this at a wonderful place in town called The Reuse It Center.  It has all kinds of stuff there...for the home..and it is a crafters dream come true.  You can get cheap materials and find all kinds of fun stuff to do with them.  I will post soon...hopefully of some other crafts/projects I'm working on with stuff from there!  If you live in town and you haven't checked this place out-you need to get your hinny over there right now, it is the bomb!

Ok back to the sign...I took this plank
 I then researched types of caligraphy and found a T that I liked best to put in the middle.

Then I wrote when we were Established in the middle third... and our name in the other outside 2/3rds.  I'm really happy with how it turned out and I love the rustic feel.  Want to know the best part-it was $2 because I already had paint and that is what I paid for the plank!  Doesn't get better than that! Now I just need to find something to put under it.  Once the new baby gets here I would love a family picture printed on canvas...or transfered onto wood-I think those look neat!
I know this isn't the best picture, but this sign is 71" long-kind of hard to fit the whole thing in a picture, hence a far back picture of it-also the room is a mess because it has all the bathroom stuff in it while we are refinishing the bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment