Monday, September 19, 2011

Beef Barley Soup

Beef Barley Soup- Makes 8 Servings (in our case 4meals)

1.5 lbs of beef stew meat
1 TBSP olive oil
1 can diced tom
1 chopped onion
1 c. diced celery
1/2 c. chopped green pepper
4 c beef broth
2 c water
1 c Spag. sauce
2/3 c barely
1 TBSP Parsley
1/5 tsp basil
(you can put salt and pepper in but I don't add salt to any of my food)

Brown meat in a skillet with olive oil. Drain. In a 5-qt slow cooker combine the rest of the ingred.  Stir in beef.  Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hrs or until meat is tender.
*Note: I made several soups at a time, so I just made this in a big pot on my stove and it took about 3 hrs with the burner set on 7.
I then separated it into Ziploc bags, labeled and dated them for future use, as I said I made several at a time so I could not obviously eat them all at once. Very excited to eat later though.  Comes out smelling a lot like stew but definitely a lot soupier(if that is a word, well it is now!)
Enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment