Monday, September 19, 2011

Chili

Chili- This recipe I got from my wonderful friend, but I make the mild version do to my aversion to spicy food

2 can tom sauce(big can not sure on oz sorry)
1 can busch's chili beans(mild in my case)
1 packet mild chili seasoning (you can go hot if you like)
1 lbs ground beef
1 clove minced garlic

Brown the ground beef in a pan, add garlic when it is about half done. Once fully cooked add chili seasoning.
In a pan add tom sauce and beans together. Stir in the meat mixture. Cook on low for about 20min, until it is heated all the way through. 
As you might notice this does not have a lot of beans, no tom. chunks, and is more soup like.  It is still thick but not like the usual you can stand your spoon in your chili thick.  I don't like it that thick. I am quite picky when it comes to food and this was the perfect chili recipe for me.  I will never leave this recipe it is absolutely perfect!  You can add whatever to it if you like tomato chuncks just substitute one of the cans of sauce for diced tomatoes.

Serve, I then top with a small amt of sour cream, cheese, and some crackers.  Nothing beats this on a cold winter day.  If your from Kansas you also have to serve it with Cinnamon Rolls, which I still don't get but whatever floats your boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment