Monday, September 19, 2011

Broccoli Soup

Broccoli Soup- I think this makes like 4-6 servings
8 c frozen broccoli (cooked and drained, then stuck it in the blender because I don't like big chunks in my soup)
1 lg carrot grated
3 TBSP butter
2 cloves garlic minced
2 TBSP flour
32 oz heavy whipping cream (you can just use milk, but I like rich creamy soup)
2 c cheddar cheese
2 onions chopped (really fine)

Cook broccoli, drain and then chop up fine, if you don't like big chunks in your soup.  I also wanted to spread the flavor around.  In a seperate pan, melt butter.  Add Garlic, onion, and flour stir well, add cream(milk) quickly as you don't want the butter to brown.  Stir and cook until it starts to get thick and boil. Then cook for 2 min longer.  Turn off burner and add cheese, stir until cheese is fully melted. Stir everything together in a big pot and let simmer until it is heated all the way through (I believe it took like 15 min.) Then top with cheese when it's all done (did I mention I love cheese)!

Enjoy- The best broccoli soup I have ever had (better than Panera in my opinion)

No comments:

Post a Comment