Saturday, April 21, 2012

Alternate Toy Box

I took another old diaper box and turned it into a toy box for our basement.  This time I did it with mod podge and fabric! 

Here is what it looks like:

It was really easy to do.  You can kind of see the huggies logo through it so next time I may spray paint the whole thing a solid color so you can't read anything through it, or just use a darker fabric!

I cut the fabric out to size.  I wanted it to go down into the inside of the box and under it so that it would lay nice on the sides.  Once it was cut to size, I put mod podge on one side at a time and attached the fabric.  Continued doing this all around the box.  Then I tucked in all the corners on the bottom of the box and put mod podge on those.  Once it was all dry I added a top layer of mod podge to the bottom of the box to ensure that it stuck well and held in place.

Not to hard and of course it matches the chair that I just refinished!

No comments:

Post a Comment