Sunday, April 15, 2012

Puff Pancakes

You can never have enough breakfast food in my opinion!  I used to love these pancakes growing up, although my family always called them puff puff pancakes, not sure why, although my mom or dad could tell you I'm sure. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did growing up and still do, as it brings back so many good childhood memories.

Ingredients:
1/2 c Flour
1/2 c milk
2 eggs
1/4 tsp vanilla
pinch of nutmeg
4 TBSP butter

Turn your oven on to 425 degrees.  In a 9" pie pan slice the butter and put in the oven, you want the butter to melt but not turn brown.  While that is in the oven mix your other ingredients together.  Once butter is melted take the pan out of the oven and pour in the batter.  Place back in the oven(it should be preheated by now), and bake for 20 min.  It should be slightly brown and the sides and maybe portions of the middle should be all puffed up.  Hence the name puff pancake.

In my family my mom always pulled out some frozen fruits and defrosted them while this was cooking.  We always had a bowl of blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries.  I added some peaches this past time just for kicks and giggles.  Once it is out of the oven, slice it and put whatever fruit of your choice you would like on top.  And of course everything tastes better with a bit of sugar so then we always added a spoonful of powder sugar on top! Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment