Tuesday, April 10, 2012

White Board-Homemade

Well now that this baby is finally here and I don't feel so exhausted I will catch up on a couple of my posts.  I was so busy trying to get them all done, I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked so I apologize for that.  I'm just excited to finally get them all on here for everyone to see.  So keep your eyes peeled for more of what has been going on in the kitchen and the basement!
I decided to put one of my old frames to use, since I was just going to throw it away. But it was still in good condition.

I have wanted a place in my house where I could write a different verse each week just to give us all a small reminder of God's promises to us, and all that He has done for us.
I took the back off the frame and cleaned both sides of the glass really well.
I then found a piece of scrapbook paper that I liked, and cut it to the size of the frame.  I also took some of my flower pieces and put two flowers on the paper just for kicks and giggles. The frame before just had a paper backing and that was torn up from me removing it and since I have a ton of cardboard boxes from cleaning out the storage room I decided to cut one of those to size and place in the back of the frame.  I cut it so that it would fit really snug and I wouldn't have to hold it in with anything else.

What do you think?  I love it and got right to work with writing on it.  I think it goes nicely in our newly finished basement and really adds a family element to the family room.  Since we want our family firmly based on God and His Word this is a perfect reminder!

No comments:

Post a Comment