Friday, July 27, 2012

Exercise

Well I finally decided to really use the body I was given.  I have never been too keen on exercise, although I did Zumba for about a year and went all the time and I loved it.  I was zumbaing(is that a word?) until I was 8.5 months pregnant with my son.  I started making the teacher nervous so I stopped going!  Needless to say since then I have done nothing. UGGH.  So I finally decided to get back into something.  I have a list of excuses a mile long as to why I can't or shouldn't exercise and that I don't have the time or the money. But I decided to put on my big girl panties and get to work.  My lazy body was just not nearly as happy without the exercise.  It really helps boost my overall mood, and it also helps tremendously with my energy level-and when you have two small children, are up all night, and work late you need all the extra energy you can get your hands on.

We decided to start going for daily walks, and they are absolutely amazing.  Well they are nothing spectacular as far as distance or anything like that.  I have been walking anywhere from 1-2 miles a morning.  We usually try to get out before 9am because it is like 90 then and it only gets hotter.  Athaiah sleeps the whole time, and Elijah loves to look and point at everything.  It has been a good bonding time to spend with him, walking with him through nature and pointing out all of God's creation and seeing the wonder on his face.  Now that we have started this, I am loving our new morning routine.

I have decided I am going to maybe invest in a better pair of running shoes, but until then the ones I own are decent.  I currently walk about 2/3 of the time and jog 1/3 of the time.  I am working on building up my endurance and am hoping this fall to maybe run a 5 or 10K as I think that will be a neat challenge.  Now for those of you that know me, this is totally no me, but I have a strong body and am finally deciding to use it! Yeah.  It makes me so happy just to be trying.  I will keep you posted, hopefully soon I will be jogging 2/3 and walking 1/3 wouldn't that just be wonderful? I can't wait until I can run the whole thing(mind you this is while pushing a double jogging stroller, so it is a good workout). If I really wanted a challenge I could try and take the dog as well, but not sure I'm quite up for that yet.

OH I must add I was drinking about 3-4 cups of coffee a day to try and keep up with the busy schedule, but since I started going for our walk I'm lucky to finish 1 cup a day.  I like it just out of habit, but I don't NEED it any more and that is a wonderful feeling!  I have also lost 4lbs in the past week, talk about a good ego boost and motivation to keep it moving.  I still have a lot of baby weight to lose as it isn't falling off like it did the first time, we shall see how long it takes this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment