Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Fresh Garden Salsa

5 Early Girl Tomatoes
2 Roma Tomatoes
1/2 red onion
3 garlic cloves
4 cilantro springs
1 green bell pepper
1 red frying pepper
2 orangefrying peppers
1 dash salt
1 dash pepper
1/4 tsp cumin
1/2 lime

First cut up your tomatoes, peppers, and onion.  Place in blender with cilantro and garlic cloves.  Blend well.  Pour into a bowl. Stir in salt, pepper, and cumin. Squeeze half a lime over bowl and stir in.  Enjoy!

*Note: you can use whatever peppers and tomatoes you want this is just what came from my garden so I put the types here so I would remember which ones I used in my recipe.  For the next round of harvest I may try roasting the veggies to see what type of flavor that give it. Keep an eye out for that recipe, but it will probably not be for a few weeks, since I am waiting on my garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment