Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My most diverse harvest!

So I have not had too many things the past week come from my garden.  My green beans and peas appear to be about done for the season(I think the heat is getting to them).  My carrots are still growing, but appear to be getting close. My garlic are still growing as are my onions, although I have picked some onions on occasion and I use them for pearl onions and cut up the tops for green onions. 

But the other day I was able to pick the most variety of veggies so far. I picked 3 different kinds of tomatoes: yellow pear, cherry, and early girl.  I picked 1 cucumber, some pearl red onions, 2 orange peppers, and one of my broccoli stalks.
Eli loves to help mommy pick the veggies, he gets so excited to go outside and see what has popped up over night! He knows the tomatoes go in the window sill and everything else goes in the fridge and he tries to help me put them all where they belong, it is the sweetest thing to watch him get so excited about it.

I was so excited to have such a variety of vegetables, that I decided to use most of them for lunch that day.  So we had an onion, tomato, cucumber salad and then we had chicken fajitas that I used the peppers and some more of the onions for.  I saved the broccoli for yesterdays lunch and it was so good, I can't wait to harvest some more broccoli that is for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment