Monday, March 5, 2012

Basement Finished!

This is it! The time I have been waiting for for over a year.  My basement is finished(well as finished as it is going to get for quite some time).  My husband was so wonderful and finished all of the mudding and sanding, so this past weekend we could get to work on priming and painting.

So first up priming.  All done! Yeah.


Next we painted.  I forgot to take a pic before we started pulling everything out of storage so don't mind the messy room.  Can I just say also this picture does it no justice because the lighting down there is awful.  The color is a pale yellow/cream and really brightens up the room a ton!


Next up is trying to figure out where all the furniture is going to go.  I think we have rearranged it about 8 times now (yes in one day).  I think in the above picture is probably how it is going to stay.  This step was much harder than either of us ever imagined.  We have big chairs that we love, and we wanted to keep it looking open so that our young ones would have plenty of space to run around in.  I think we achieved that look, at least for now!

I couldn't be more excited, my house is truly coming together, and just in time.  We have less than 5 weeks until the baby arrives!  We scheduled our C-section last week and so as long as she doesn't make an early appearance she will be here on 4/6 early in the morning! Now who wants to come help me teach the little man to walk by then??

1 comment: