Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pacifier Carrier

I cut a piece of fabric 5"x10.5 " I measured this along the fold of the fabric, so the actual size would be twice this length.  I then folded it so that right sides were together.  Sew this up, but leave one of the short sides open so you can pull the fabric through so it is the right way!
Let's make the strap now before we sew up the next part of the bag! To do this cut a strip a fabric that is 2"x7" fold it in half(with right sides together) so it is 1"x7", sew up one short side and the long side.  Now push this so that it is right side out, and you have a strap.  I cut this in half and used half for the diaper bag strap and one for the paci strap.

Now fold that piece in half, and tuck in the strap that you made so you can attach it to another bag (in my case to the small diaper bag). Make sure you put this strap in one of the top corners that you are going to sew up! Sew up the two side seams.  This will tuck in your rough end that you left.

 I made it big enough to fit a soothie since those seem to be the biggest pacifiers!
Now you attach the snap to the bag.  I bought the kind that you hammer in and they seem to work really well and it doesn't take much time to do. I also attached one half of the snap to the paci holder and the other side of the snap to the diaper bag, so they can be easily moved together!

 Matching pacifier holders!
Everything matches! Makes me a happy momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment