Sunday, March 18, 2012

Roasted Herb Chicken

Whole Chicken(mine was almost 3lbs)
1 tsp of all the following spices- basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, sage, garlic powder and onion powder
2 TBSP olive oil
couple squirts of lemon juice

Place the whole chicken in a pan (I just used a baking dish because my roasting pan was was too big for a chicken this small).  Pour olive oil over top of the chicken and then squirt some of your lemon juice on top.  If using a real lemon use about 1/2 a lemon and squeeze the lemon on top of the chicken.  Mix all your spices together and sprinkle over top of the chicken.  Bake at 350 until inside measures 180 degrees.  I was always told that a good guide for roasting a whole chicken is to cook it for about 25min a pound. My chicken cooked for about 1 hr 15min and it came out good.

Note: usually when I make this chicken I like to stuff the inside with 1/2 an onion sliced into a couple pieces as it just helps to add some good flavor.  It tasted ok with the onion powder this time, as I didn't have an onion to use.

Once again no picture- I apologize we usually get so excited to eat it we end up just digging in!

No comments:

Post a Comment