Sunday, March 11, 2012

Berry Custard Recipe

Ingredients:
1 2/3 c milk- I use skim
1/4 c sugar
4 tsp cornstarch
2 egg yolks lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
3 c berries (if frozen make sure they are thawed)

In a saucepan stir the milk, sugar, and cornstarch together.  You have to keep a close eye on this and stir it continually so that it doesn't burn or stick to the bottom of the pan. Stir until thick and bubbly then stir for 2 minutes more.
Add a small amount of the hot mixture to the egg yolks and mix well.  Add back into the main saucepan and mix it all together well.  Once boiling, stir for 2 minutes longer.  Once again you STIR, STIR, STIR, this can burn really easy so you have to be careful with it and keep stirring and don't set the heat on too high.
Now add the vanilla, and remove from the heat.  Let cool.  I like to eat mine hot so I don't put it in fridge like many recipes say to do.  I just let it cool about 10 min so I don't burn my mouth and then I add the berries and eat it up.

I layer them together so it looks pretty.  I do berries, then custard, then more berries, then more custard, and top with a few more berries.  This is so yummy and is good if you are craving something sweet but not too sweet.
Eli loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment