Thursday, March 8, 2012

Strawberry Muffin Recipe

This recipe is from my wonderful mother in law, and let me tell you what these are some of the best muffins you will ever eat! They are even more delicious if you add the cinnamon butter with them. Now onto the recipe.


Ingredients:
3 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups strawberries
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs beaten
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring (optional)
1-1/2 cups pecans (optional)

Fold all the wet ingredients into the dry. I add my strawberries last so all the other ingredients get mixed together really well first.  Place in muffin tins 3/4 full.  I always fill mine almost to the top.  Not quite sure why but that is just the way I have always done it. Bake at 375 for 15-18 min.



Side note: This makes 2 1/2 dozen and my family does not need that many muffins at a time.  I found out these freeze quite well.  The have these wonderful foil muffin liners at Walmart and they are made so you don't have to use a muffin pan to bake the muffins in.  I make a dozen to eat immediately.  I then place the rest of the batter in these wonderful little tins.  Lay them flat in the freezer, until they have maintained their shape.  I then move them to freezer bags, label and date.  Now I have muffins I can pull out whenever I want!

Cinnamon Honey Butter
1/2 cup butter
1 cup confectioner's sugar

1/4 c honey
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

Mix all these ingredients together and enjoy on top of the warm muffins.  I'm telling you, you may just think you died and went to heaven when you eat these muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment