Thursday, March 22, 2012

Disposal Cleaner

I like my disposal to always smell clean, I mean come on who doesn't.  My disposal seems to get stinky quite often as we do a lot of dishes and a lot of extra food pieces go down the disposal.  I would often put half a lemon down the drain.  If I didn't have a lemon I would run some vinegar down the drain, and then clean the sink with some yummy smelling lemon cleaner.  This made me think surely there is an easy way to store a disposal cleaner premade!

Since I love both of these I decided to use them both.  I have heard before that it is good to run ice down the disposal to really clean the blades. (I'm not sure where I heard this, it could have been my dad-he always seemed to know everything about cleaning things and the right chemicals and mixtures to use to get the best results) So why not make some lemon/vinegar ice?

Here is what I used:
2 ice cube trays
2 c Vinegar
2 c Lemon Water -click here to see how I made it

Now just fill each ice cube tray up with half the vinegar and half the lemon water.  It smells wonderful going down the drain.  Both the lemon and vinegar have disinfecting agents, and both make the drain smell much better. Now place in the freezer.  Once frozen transfer to a freezer Ziploc bag, date and label (so you don't accidentally use for something else).  When needed pull out an ice cube and turn on the disposal.  Enjoy the cleaning effects and the smell. Also enjoy the fact that you didn't pour any harsh chemicals down your drain.

No comments:

Post a Comment