Friday, March 9, 2012

Choc Chip Cookies

Choc. Chip Cookies:

Ingredients:
2 c Brown Sugar
1 c Sugar
1 c Butter
1 c Shortening
4 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
4 1/2 c Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
2 c Choc Chips(or chips of your choice)
This makes about 10 dozen!
1. Beat the butter, shortening, and sugars together until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well between each egg. Stir in flour and baking soda.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips or the chips of your choice.
4. Spoon onto baking sheet or stone(I love to make cookies on my stone they always come out amazing)
5. Bake at 350 for 10-12 min or until golden brown.

All done, now I can't wait to eat them.  I always just make one batch at a time.  I leave some dough in the fridge, and then I put the rest of the dough in the freezer, so I can use it whenever I want. (especially since it will keep longer in the freezer!)  When I freeze mine I usually put spoonfuls on a baking sheet and place in freezer until firm.  I then transfer them to freezer bags, label and date.  I have seen people use ice cube trays before for freezing and that is a great idea.  I just don't have a dishwasher and I hate to wash ice cube trays, so the baking sheet is personally easier for me!
My little man helping me cook, what a big helper!

No comments:

Post a Comment