Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Baked Apples

Apples- I used Gala those are my favorite for baking
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 c brown sugar
2 TBSP butter
1 TBSP raisins

I used 4 apples, since we aren't a big family, so you will need more ingredients if you are going to make more than that.

First, cut the core out of the apple, so you have a hollow center.  Then divide your butter up and place a chunk in each apple.  Mix all the dry ingredients together.  Add a scoop to each apple.  Then top with raisins.  If I have any of the filling left then I sprinkle some on top for some extra sugar!  Bake at 400 for 20-30min. (this depends more on how big the apples are, the bigger they are the longer it is going to take them to get soft.)


Enjoy-just be careful the filling is really hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment