Tuesday, February 14, 2012

How to Clean a Paintbrush-Vinegar

Can I just say I never knew there were so many uses for vinegar!  I used to think it was a pretty useless thing sitting around my house, but now I love it for so many things.  I should write a post here soon about everything it is good in and for around the house and body. I'm truly amazed at all its uses.

As a paint brush cleaner:

I boiled about 2 cups of vinegar in an old saucepan.  Once it came to a boil I put the paint brush in the vinegar.  I dipped it in and out a few times since it was so hot. 

Then I started brushing the bottom of the pan with the paintbrush so that it got between all the bristles.  Next, I just let it sit in the pan for about 30 minutes.  About every 5 minutes during this time I would go over and move the brush around the pan, using painting type motions to make sure it got between all the bristles.

Let me just say this worked amazingly.  With all the staining I had done in the kitchen my brush had gotten hard and yucky.  I thought I was going to have to throw it away.  I stumbled across something on the Internet that said you could clean a paint brush with vinegar.  There are so many ways they tell you to do it, and most with so many steps.  I wanted something simple, so I decided to just try the vinegar and the most basic steps.  Guess what it worked!! My paint brush is like new and now I don't have to go and buy a new one to finish all of the basement painting.  I love things that save me money and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment