Saturday, February 4, 2012

Kitchen Happenings

Today was a very productive day, which always makes me a very happy person!

First, I went grocery shopping (I was out of creamer for my coffee and that makes it an emergency).  Got all that put away, looked around my kitchen and noticed how messy I have been letting it get.

Second, because my kitchen was trashed I got to work cleaning it.  I mean really cleaning it.  I cleaned the oven, the stove top, all the counters.  I washed all the containers and everything that sits on the counters.  I put everything in my new canisters that I made awhile back with the frosty labels.
Third, I organized all the counter space and cabinets so they made a bit more sense based upon where other things were found in the kitchen. I really like the new feel of how it is set up. (I will add here in the last 2 years of living here I have rearranged where things were kept in the kitchen at least 4 times) I'm hoping this will be the last time, and it should be because it makes more sense than the last 4 times as to where everything is located.

Forth, I stained 3 cabinet doors (doesn't seem like a lot but that's all I can fit in one section of my house blocked off so no animals or babies get into it while it's still drying). 

Fifth, I stained the bottom of a long counter top that I have in the kitchen.  There are no cabinets underneath, so I just had to do the legs and then the bottom of the broom closet that it butts up against.  It looks really nice I must say.

Sixth, we put the flooring in.  Notice this one says we! Greg helped and I was so happy to have him in the kitchen with me. It had been a long day in there. (when I wasn't working on something, I was cooking the next meal, and washing the dishes!)  Eli helped me with the flooring as well.  He saw me patting it in, so we crawled around the floor and would pat all the tiles in as I would lay them down.  It was really cute, I'm wishing now I would have gotten the camera out for that!

Side Note- Greg did a wonderful job keeping Eli occupied so I could get some much needed work done, and I greatly appreciated it.  He also got some sanding and muding done in the basement while Eli was taking his nap.  Also a huge plus, working on two projects at the same time! He is the best husband a women could ask for! I'm telling you, everyone should be jealous(except jealousy is a sin so maybe don't be jealous just be really happy for me that I have such a keeper)

Seventh, As you notice it is a bit late in the evening now, and I just finished putting up those three cabinet doors I stained at the beginning of the day.  I had to wait for them to dry so it was the perfect time to get them up.

And Last but not least, I stained two more cabinet doors so come tomorrow I could get those up, maybe. 

I may just take tomorrow off, and use it as a day of rest as it should be.  After all, I feel quite accomplished after everything that I got done today!  Keep your eye open for some posts of all the things I got done in the kitchen.  I'm tired now so this momma is going to bed, but I will post about at least the floor tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment