Thursday, February 9, 2012

Kitchen-Almost There

My Kitchen is getting so close!  No one can fully understand how happy and excited this makes me!!  I literally jump up and down just thinking about it. I just keep thinking about it functioning as a normal kitchen again without dust everywhere, and only one counter I can use. Won't that be so grand! I love to cook and bake so it will be great to have all my counter space back.

Yesterday I got the last of the cabinet doors sanded, and two of them primed.  Now I just need to stain the last 4.  The hardest part about all of this is all the waiting that has to occur.  I have to stain both sides of the cabinet door and each side has to dry for at least 4 hrs in between.  In other words, these last 4 cabinet doors could take me a couple of days to get done.  I can only do 2 at a time because that is the biggest area that I have to place them on while they are drying without ruining anything! So we wait....and wait...and wait. Something I have never been too good at.

But I know it will all be worth it in the end.  Here is a picture of what the cabinets currently look like without the last couple of door on them.
 The insides of the cabinets on top will eventually get painted white, but we ran out of white paint so that will have to wait for a while. Which isn't a huge deal in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment