Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day

Happy Valentines day everyone! It's days like today that I am so grateful to have the best Valentine in the whole world.  My Lord Jesus Christ who died for all my sins, because he loved me enough to want to spend eternity with me.  I hope we all remember the One that paid the ultimate sacrifice on this day of love.

I am also so very thankful to have such a wonderful husband, who gave the the most wonderful son! They both light up my world every day and I couldn't have asked to be blessed any more than I am. And to top it all off in 8 more weeks we will get to meet our baby girl! I love you Greg and I love you Elijah!

This valentines day we decided to be really low key.  I decided to spoil my boys with a magnificent lunch.  We had BBQ pork sandwiches on homemade buns. (I made the buns out of my pizza dough recipe!) We also had baked apples and homemade potato chips.  It was my first attempt at the buns and the potato chips and they both turned out to be a huge hit.  What is valentines day without something sweet (or two things sweet)? For dessert I made Chocolate fudge, and cheesecake brownies! They both were yummy.  To drink we had Strawberry/Raspberry Smoothie.  Needless to say both of my men were very happy with their valentines day present.  Yes I said present.  There was a lot of love and time put into this meal and I tried to make something for everyone.

I will be posting the recipes on these soon.  They were all very good and I would love for everyone to be able to share in my joy and be able to make them for their loved ones.  So keep your eyes peeled. This is going to be a busy week so I will try my best to get them posted as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment